- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait at least four weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
- Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few weeks prior to microdermabrasion/Peel treatment.
- Wash your face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before each scheduled treatment.
To maximize microdermabrasion/Peel recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instruction below:
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized
- Anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses may be used as necessary
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
- It is important to avoid irritating the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
- Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasion/Peel treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
- Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medications for 24-48 hours following treatment.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra or other brands of Tretinoin and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, Tazarotene) 3 - 7 days after last microdermabrasion/Peel treatment or as instructed by your technician.
- You can choose our Cara skin-care plan that includes mineral sun protection. Sun protection helps ensure the best possible results and reduces the risk of side effects.
If you are receiving a series of treatments, do not resume any of these products until after you have completed your last medical microdermabrasion/Peel treatment.